The Rockwell Museum is an American art museum in Corning, New York. It is located in the city's former city hall building, which was built in 1893. The museum was founded in 1974 by a collaboration between Bob and Hertha Rockwell, who donated their art collection to the museum, and executives of what is now called Corning Glass Works. The collection reflects American values, spirit and character. It includes works by Albert Bierstadt, Andy Warhol, Thomas Moran, Alfred Jacob Miller, and contemporary Native American artists.
Bob and Hertha Rockwell displayed their collection in the department store they owned. The growing collection required a new location and the the city hall building was chosen. However, a flood caused by Hurricane Agnes severely damaged the building in 1972 and the museum was housed in a few locations before moving into the old building in 1982, after two years of renovation. Many of the building's original elements were preserved such as the the tin ceilings and iron door of the women's jail.