One of the ten “Quads” which made up Dickinson College’s Fraternity Quadrangle, Conway Hall (Quad 1) was first occupied in September 1964. The hall, which is the second building in the institution’s history to bear the Conway name, was named for Moncure Daniel Conway, Class of 1849, a distinguished author and anti-slavery, world peace activist. The building first served as home to the Phi Epsilon Pi fraternity, and later became a general residence hall. The building was designed by Howell Lewis Shay and Associates and constructed at a cost of approximately $200,000.