Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, the the Richardson-Bates House has been a museum since 1946. It is operated by the Oswego County Historical Society and is one of the most intact house museums in New York. It was built in three stages, the first occurring 1867 and the last by 1880. It contains an archives which houses 25,000 artifacts, documents, and photographs. The first floor is preserved with period furniture and the second is dedicated to local history.
The Richardson-Bates House