Constructed between 1854 and 1858, Pickwick Mill is one of the oldest water-powered millls in the region. The mill was built by Thomas Grant and Wilson Davis and used as a sawmill before being converted into a mil for producing gristmeal for the Union Army. After the war, the mill was used to produce flour. The historic mill has been completed restored and continues to operate. The mill also includes artifacts and historic exhibits, as well as tours and programs administered by a volunteer-run private nonprofit organization.