The Franklin County Historical and Museum Society was founded in 1973 and it is dedicated to preserving the county's history. Commonly known as the Franklin House of History, it is located in an 1864 house built by Nathan Knapp. The museum features period-themed rooms, exhibits, and collection storage. Items on display and in storage include textiles, documents, books, photographs, furniture, and toys. The carriage house behind the building was renovated in 2008 and is now the Schryer Center for Historical and Genealogical Research.