Glendale Springs Inn
Originally built by Colonel D.W. Adams in 1888, Glendale Springs Inn is a bed and breakfast (it also houses a restaurant) situated along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Glendale Springs, North Carolina. Adams built the "T" shaped hotel to accommodate guests who traveled to the nearby springs, which was popular during the turn of the century. The hotel was very successful for twenty years, operating as a vacation resort inn. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Backstory and Context