The Paris-Henry County Heritage Center is a local history museum and research center dedicated to preserving and educating the public about the town of Paris and Henry County's history. It is located in a historic building, Cavitt Place, that is part of the historic North Poplar District which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Cavitt Place was built by Colonel O.C. Barton in 1916 in the Italian Renaissance style. Barton was a local and state politician as well as a businessman. It is believed he was Paris' first millionaire. He served as mayor from 1893-1897. The county bought the house in 1942. Camp Tyson, the only WWII balloon barrage camp in WWII, housed its headquarters in the home. The Tennessee Valley Authority, the Henry County Health Department, and the Carey Counseling Center all had offices in the house. The museum opened in 1992.