McEwen-Samuels-Marr House (Bartholomew County Historical Museum)
The McEwen-Samuels-Marr House is a historic home in Columbus, Indiana that is now the Bartholomew County Historical (Society) Museum. The home was first built in 1864 by William McEwen and was doubled in size by the Samuel family in 1875. It was bought by James and Mary Marr in 1889 who owned it until 1915. Six owners occupied it before it became a boarding house. The Bartholomew County Historical Society bought the home in 1968 and opened it as a museum in 1973. The society was established in 1921 and is dedicated to preserving the history of the county. The home was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
The McEwen-Samuels-Marr House, now the Bartholomew County Historical Museum.
http://bartholomewhistory.org/about/museum-history. Retrieved 8-7-15. Cheryl Griffith. "McEwen-Samuels-Marr House," National Register of Historic Places. 5-22-78.