Before this building was home to the fine arts center, it was a gymnasium-auditorium. Gents Hall (which no longer exists today) had an athletic room in the basement. The facility was inadequate so a gymnasium-auditorium was completed in 1911. Music students began to out grow the Studio. Once the Dunn Athletic Center was completed, a new addition was made to the preexisting gymnasium to create the Daland Fine Arts Center, in memory of President W. Daland, Dean J. Daland, and their families who supported the college. Today the School District of Milton resides there.
Joseph Goodrich, founder of the Milton House, began a school in Milton, WI in pursuit of a public place for education. Milton Academy was founded in 1844 and was geared toward young men interested in business and both genders interested in teaching in public schools. The old building became unsuitable and to make proper accommodations, the Milton Academy was founded in 1854. The school continued to grow until 1980 when the college was under financial stress. The college officially closed in 1982 and it’s buildings have since been re-purposed for apartments, offices, shops, and much more.