Inglis Hall, like Anderson Hall, was also once a part of the Milton College Campus. It too was a residence hall for men only.
Joseph Goodrich, founder of the Milton House, began a school
in Milton, WI in pursuit of a public place for education. Milton Academy was
founded in 1844 and was geared toward young men interested in business and both
genders interested in teaching in public schools. The old building became
unsuitable and to make proper accommodations, the Milton Academy was founded in
1854. The school continued to grow until 1968 when the college was under
financial stress due to low enrollment numbers. The college officially closed
in 1982 and it’s buildings have since been re-purposed for apartments, offices,
shops, and much more.