Milton College: Anderson Hall
This apartment building was once a part of the Milton College Campus. Anderson Hall, along with its neighbors to the right, was reserved for male students housing for a total of 138 students.
Backstory and Context
Joseph Goodrich, founder of the Milton House, began a school in Milton, WI in pursuit of a public place for education. Milton Academy was founded in 1844 and was geared toward young men interested in business and both genders interested in teaching in public schools. The old building became unsuitable and to make proper accommodations, the Milton Academy was founded in 1854. The school continued to grow until 1980 when the college was under financial stress. The college officially closed in 1982 and it’s buildings have since been re-purposed for apartments, offices, shops, and much more.
Milton College Preservation Society