Two Harbors Light Station (Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast)
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Two Harbors Light Station is the oldest operating lighthouse in Minnesota. It was built in 1892 and is owned and operated by the Lake County Historical Society as a museum and as the Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast. The property consists of six buildings: the lighthouse, the assistant keeper's residence, the fog and signal building, the Frontenac Pilot House, the skiffhouse, and the garage. Only the lighthouse, the assistant keeper's building, and the pilot house are open to the public. The keeper's building has been restored to the late 1800s and contains exhibits about shipwrecks in Lake Superior as well as the development of Agate Bay. The historical society is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the light.
Backstory and Context