Built in 1870 and home to brewer Charles Stegmaier and his descendants, this historic mansion is open to visitors and operated as both a historic house museum and a bed & breakfast. Its design is a combination of High Victorian, Gothic Revival, French Chateau, and Aesthetic Movement architecture. It was designed and built by architect Missouria B. Houpt, who lived here until 1899 when he sold it to a friend named Abram Nesbitt. Frederick Stegmaier then bought the house in 1906. It would stay in the family until the 1940s.
The mansion is owned today by Joseph Matteo who restored it in 2001. It is available to rent for weddings and other events.