Clio Logo

This historic gristmill was completed in 1778 and is operated as a local history site by the Medford Historical Society. The mill processed grain until the 1920s, after which it produced feed for livestock and served as a blacksmith and sawmill. The mill was the last commercial mill still in operation in 1969 when the Medford Historical Society purchased the property. The Society continues to preserve and restore the site which is now the centerpiece of a living history museum complex that includes a blacksmith shop, carriage barn, carpenter shop, sawmill, and country store. The complex also includes a restored one-room school house that was built in 1857. The Society offers tours, special events and community functions, and educational programs for area school children.