Besides the drug store, the building has been home to multiple businesses. The drug store basement had a Rathskeller. Beside the building was the New York Restaurant, operated by Gus and Nick Canavis, later known as the Busy Bee Restaurant. The Home Telephone Company occupied the two floors over the drug store until 1936. The Vanity Beauty Shoppe, Allyn Jewelers, and The Smart Shop have all occupied the property at one time1.