Cavalier County Historical Society-Museum at Dresden
This museum is housed in the former Holy Trinity Church, an incredible field-stone structure that was erected in 1936. Prior to the completion of this stone church, this location had been home to two wood-frame churches that were both destroyed by fires in 1909 and 1936. The building is full of exhibits and artifacts related to the history of Dresden, including early settlers, business, farm history, and military history.
This stone building was the home of a Catholic Parish between 1936 and 1969, when the Cavalier County Historical Society acquired the building and used it to house their museum.
Backstory and Context
The museum is open during the summer months.