The courthouse was a two-story building built by John A. Beaumont in 1854. The courthouse, like the jailhouse, served multiple purposes. For example, both the Baptist and the Methodist congregations used it for their Sunday services. Also, during the Civil War, the building served as a hospital as it was rented by a Confederate surgeon named D. T. Ingleheart.
Another courthouse, a red brick, three-story building, was designed by E.T. Heiner and built in 1893. It was used until after the oil boom in 1920s when the present fourteen-story Art Deco courthouse was built in order to support the needs of Beaumont's population growth.
The courthouse features mostly original architecture with ornate carvings and a marble interior.