Tyrrell Historical Library
The Tyrrell Historical Library was built in 1903 and was originally the First Baptist Church. By 1928, the congregation outgrew it and moved elsehwhere. Captain W. C. Tyrrell bought it that same year and donated it to the city in order for it to become a library. The city library operated there from 1926 to 1974 when a new one was established. However, the library still housed a Texana and genealogical collection and became known as the Tyrrell Historical Library. The building underwent a restoration in 1987 and reopened in 1990, this time also housing an archival collection on Southeast Texas.
"Tyrrell Historical Library." City of Beaumont. Accessed July 8, 2015. http://beaumonttexas.gov/departments/library/library-branches/tyrrell-library.
Photo: Regrothenberger, at en.wikipedia. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tyrrelllibrarycrop.jpg#/media/File:Tyrrelllibrarycrop.jpg