The Chambers House is a historic home located in White Clay Creek State Park in northern Delaware, not far from the Pennsylvania border. The house now serves as the park's nature center and is sometimes referred to as "Stairways." It was built between 1816-1852 by Joseph Chambers; what his vocation was is not apparent. The house is constructed in the Penn Plan style (which is characterized by two rooms in the back of the house that are heated by fireplaces that share the same smokestack) with uncoursed fieldstone. The relatively rural location of the house provides visitors a sense of what early 1800s life looked like. For these reasons, the house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.