One of the most recognizable Nantucket landmarks, the Brant Point light was built in 1901 and replaced a series of wooden lighthouses that were built near this location between 1746 and 1856. The previous light was placed in operation on December 10th, 1856.
Constructed in 1901, this was the last of nearly a dozen lighthouses constructed in the area dating back to the colonial era.
Prior to the construction of the wooden lighthouse, this historic light was placed in operation in 1856. The tower of this antebellum lighthouse still stands and is used by the US Coast Guard.