Ivey Delph Apartments
Still functioning as apartments today, these apartment buildings were finished in 1951. The architect went by the name of Vertner Tandy. The building was named for Dr. Walter Ivery Delph - a prominent doctor in Harlem and a large investor in reality. His concern was the low-end housing available for the poor socioeconomic society in the area, which consisted of a large African American population.
Backstory and Context
Today, the apartment building looks the same as others in the area with no distinct markers, but it does hold a lot of history even though there is nothing to mark it. People can drive down the historic district to see the building still standing.