Port Orford Lifeboat Station
The Port Orford Lifeboat Station is a historic Coast Guard station located in Port Orford Heads State Park, in the city of Port Orford, Oregon. It was built in 1934 and served as Coast Guard station until 1970. It was one of the earliest lifeboat stations built on the Oregon coast. The station now houses a museum. A highlight is a refurbished unsinkable 36 foot lifeboat. The park contains a picnic area and short trails to different viewing spots where sometimes whales can be seen. The museum is operated by the Cape Blanco Heritage Society. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.