Itmann Company Store and Office
This company store was constructed between 1923 and 1925.
Backstory and Context
This structure was designed by architect Alexander Mahood from Bluefield, West Virginia and built between 1923 and 1925 by Italian immigrant stonemasons. In addition to the store, the building housed a post office, doctor’s office, freight station, payroll office, and other management functions. In the 1980s, both the mine and company store closed. The building was listed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1990 and is now privately owned.
McGehee, C. Stuart "Itmann Company Store." e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia. 28 March 2013. Web. 26 June 2015.