Backstory and Context
In 1921, the Wenham Village Improvement Society purchased the Clafin-Gerrish-Richards House, where the museum resides today. The society received its first collection when previous resident Elizabeth Richards Horton donated her doll collection in 1922. With the addition of the Pickeny Library and the Burnham Hall meeting room, the museum officially opened in 1953. During 1996 and 1997, the museum underwent a massive expansion and renovation and then celebrated its 90th anniversary in 2013.