The Dallas County Courthouse is a historic building in Adel, Iowa. It was built in 1902 and designed by architect George Bird of the firm Proudfoot and Bird in the French Renaissance Revival style. It is the fourth courthouse built for the county, the first of which was a simple log cabin built in 1848. The present courthouse has largely remained unaltered although renovations have taken place, the most recent of which took place in the mid-200s. The building was rededicated in October of 2007. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.