Lincoln School as it looks today
Backstory and Context
Also known as the Lincoln Consolidated Rosenwald School, this school was built in 1925 with assistance of the Rosenwald Fund to provide a school for young African-American children, who had been meeting in the Pikeville Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church.
Serving kids from kindergarten to the eight grade, the school stayed open until 1965 during desegregation.
The Lincoln Alumni Community Historical Association helps provide tours of the school grounds.