This house, originally built by Ezra Wyatt, served as a tavern for many years. It was later converted for use as a parsonage for the Disciples of Christ Church. It was moved to this location in approximately 1920. It is built in the Greek Revival style with Colonial Revival elements.
Backstory and Context
This house was originally on the northeast corner of Darrow and Kent Roads. Built by Ezra Wyatt in about 1810, it served as a tavern for many years, offering food, drink, and board to travelers. In 1874, the building was converted for us as a parsonage for the Disciples of Christ Church. It was moved to this location about 1920. The tavern was built in the Greek Revival Style with Colonial Revival elements. Floor-length windows are an unusual feature of this house. The tavern was remodeled extensively when it was moved to its current location on Elm Road in Stow.
Ohio Historic Inventory, 1985 Velma Avenue, Columbus, OH 44321. Prepared by Steven McQuillin.
Stow Historical Society