Clio Logo

Stow Corners Walking Tour

You are vieweing item 6 of 9 in this tour.

This is a contributing entry for Stow Corners Walking Tour and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

This building was built in 1926 and has been a pharmacy, post office, and pie shop at various times. The photographs at the bottom of this page show the building when it was owned by Chester Holt.

The building was renamed the Colonnade Building in the 1970s and was renovated in the early 2000s.

Holt's Drug Store

Building, Window, Sky, Vehicle

Holt's Drug Store

Car, Wheel, Vehicle, Tire

The Colonnade Building was built in 1926, and at that time, Holt's Pharmacy was in the building, which was owned and operated by Chester Holt. He and his wife lived in an apartment above the pharmacy. Harold and Jacqueline Winkler purchased the pharmacy from Mr. Holt in the 1950s and ran Stow Pharmacy for about 30 years.

The post office was connected to the pharmacy at one time. The postmaster was Fred Wetmore.

Mrs. Osman's Pie Shop open for business in 1949 in this building. The building was named the Colonnade Building in 1972, and it was renovated in 2003-2004.