This local history museum was established in 1946 and is located on one of the original buildings constructed as part of the Plattsburgh Post--a military installation that dates back to the War of 1812. The museum's collection includes over 30,000 artifacts and documents, including over a thousand relics from Native tribes who inhibited the area in the pre-colonial period and the 18th and 19th centuries. Other museum highlights include items related to early military history and a collection of hand-blown pieces from the Redford Glass Company which operated in the area before the Civil War.