Vestal Center United Methodist Church
Built in 1875, the Vestal Centre United Methodist Episcopal Church was built on land purchased from Coe Wells.
Backstory and Context
Vestal Centre became Vestal Center in 1893 and the church name was changed to Vestal Center United Methodist Church when Episcopal was dropped.
A small prayer room built on the east elevation in about 1896 was replaced in 1956 by a fellowship hall and Sunday school classrooms. Pews were install in 1894 and a bell was placed in the belfry in 1897 through the efforts of the Ladies Aid Society. The structure remains largely intact.
2012 Local Historic Landmark
2012 State and National Eligible
Vestal Center United Methodist Church records Town of Vestal Historian