Gernon House Museum
Operated by Russell County Historical Society and located in the oldest stone house remaining in Russell. The Gernon House was built in 1872. In 1871, Gernon, a blacksmith, came with The Northwest Colony from Ripon, Wisconsin to establish a new community. Gernon and other colonists lived in the railroad boxcars that brought them until they could build their homes.