Clio Logo

This historic depot was built in 1925 by the Union Pacific Railroad in the Spanish Colonial style. It no longer serves as a train station but is open for tours and special events. It is a popular place for wedding receptions. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.


  • The Boise Depot was built in 1905 in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. Today it is used for weddings and other special events.
  • Another view of the depot

The depot served as a train station for many years, but it would gradually succumb to the rise of personal automobiles in the ensuing decades. Passenger service ended in 1971 but then was later revived in 1977 when Amtrak began service again. In 1990 MK-Morrison Knudsen purchased the depot and renovated it to pristine condition in 1993. However, passenger train service ended for good in 1996 when the last Amtrak train left the station. The City of Boise took control of the depot and opened it up for tours and special events.

"Boise Depot." City of Boise - Boise Parks and Recreation. Accessed April 1, 2015.  https://parks.cityofboise.org/parks-locations/parks/boise-depot/

"The Boise Depot: Then and Now." City of Boise - Boise Parks and Recreation. September, 2011. https://parks.cityofboise.org/media/592398/depothistory.pdf.