This Lindsay House, now called the Bloom County House, is one of the three houses belonging to the River City Housing Collective. Built in 1893, It was designed by architect George F. Barber and Company in the Queen Anne revival style. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
The house is named
after a local businessman, Lindsay (it is currently unclear of that was his
first or last name), who built and presumably lived in it. The River City
Housing Collective now runs the house. The collective is a non-profit that
offers low cost housing to students and community members.
The River City Housing Collective always welcomes new
members joining in one of their houses. They emphasize having a healthy social
environment as well as teaching management, cooking, maintenance, and