Redlands Historic Inn
Built in 1914, The Redlands Hotel has entertained guests for over a century, although the building has served a number of purposes such as when it was the headquarters for the International & Great Northern Railroad between 1919 and 1956. For two decades, the building was mostly vacant and might have been destroyed had it not been for the efforts of preservationists. The building once again serves as the leading hotel of Palestine and includes a restaurant and a other businesses. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.
Backstory and Context
Moore, David & Goebel, Matt. "Redlands Hotel." June 3, 1998. https://atlas.thc.state.tx.us/NR/pdfs/98000634/98000634.pdf.