This museum has grown significantly from humble origins and is now both a complex of historic buildings and a full museum with multiple exhibits on two floors of a modern building. The complex includes a Victorian era home, a church that was constructed in 1907 and was the original home of the museum, and a 19th century retail store. In addition to the historic buildings, highlights of the museum include ancient human remains discovered in nearby caves as well as vintage automobiles, relics from 19th century mines, Native American artifacts, items related to early businesses and prominent families, and works by local artists.


  • The museum first opened in 1977 within the historic turn of the century church that is now located next to the modern two-story main museum building.
    The museum first opened in 1977 within the historic turn of the century church that is now located next to the modern two-story main museum building.