Hendrick built a new house in 1800 close to the original one so he could make it the kitchen for the new building. The Lotts grew various crops including potatoes, cabbage, wheat, and vegetables and sold these goods in Brooklyn and Manhattan. They also built other structures on the farm such as a separate stone kitchen.
As was common in that period, the Lotts relied on slave labor. They also had indentured servants and paid workers. The Lotts freed their slaves in 1805, long before slavery was abolished in New York and their farm may have been a stop on the underground railroad. The family continued to farm the land until 1925, when John Bennet Lott, the last farmer, passed away. The very last family member, Ella Sydam, died in 1989. By then most of the land was sold. The rest of the property as well as the house was bought by the city of New York in 2002. The house is currently being restored.