Clio Logo

Today named Old College Hall, this 1850 building was the earliest home of what grew into Pacific University. Tracing its earliest roots to an orphanage operated by Tabitha Brown and Harvey L. Clark, Tualatin Academy received its official charter in 1849 as the first act of the Oregon Territorial Legislature, and awarded Oregon's first bachelor's degree in 1863. Old College Hall remains the oldest educational building in the West.