Jimmy Green Statue
This statue was dedicated in 1924 in honor of the late James Green, the first dean of the law school
Backstory and Context
The statue is located in front of Lippincott Hall, formerly known as Green Hall. The building served as the home of the University of Kansas law school until 1977. After the law school moved to a new facility, students and faculty decided that the new building should bear Green's name. As a result, old Green Hall was renamed in honor of Joshua Lippincott, an early chancellor.
Sculptor Daniel Chester French modeled the statue of the student based on Alfred C. Alford, a graduate of the University who was killed in the Spanish-American War