Los Nogales Museum
In 1951, the citizens of Seguin rallied to save the tiny adobe building we now call Los Nogales. Built in 1849 of hand-formed, sun-dried abode, it is one of the oldest structures in Seguin. Virginia Woods led the effort to raise money to purchase it on the corner of River and Live Oak streets, negotiating a sale price of $750 from Dr. Hugh Davis. Her late husband Wilton Woods, then a building contractor, supervised the reconstruction. Authentic cypress shingles were made at a water-driven sawmill in Ottine. From that restoration effort, the Seguin Conservation Society was born. Over the years, this primitive home with its pioneer kitchen and mysterious cellar became home to many historical artifacts of the Conservation Society. Weather and moisture were damaging paper, leather and other materials, so the SCS has moved many items into climate-controlled storage.