The Wenatchee Produce Company – J. M. Wade Building
Conrad Rose began marketing the fruit from his own orchard in 1893. He was so successful that he formed a partnership with LeRoy Wright for marketing fruit grown in the valley. In 1899 he organized the Wenatchee Produce Company, and about 1901 acquired the old drug store of L. V. Wells which stood on one of the lots now occupied by the Russell Plough Building. In 1904 the Conrad Rose – J. M. Wade Building was constructed on North Wenatchee Avenue where the Chevrolet Agency has been located for many years. He built a system of warehoused and store rooms reaching to the railroad tracks. Rose had a frontage of 400 feet on Wenatchee Avenue, and had sufficient trackage to load nine freight cars at the same time.
Polk Directories. Wenatchee, WA. 1907-2006.
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center Collection # 98-36-27
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center Photography Collection # 90-24-1