Heger Bottling Building
Originally the east side of Center Avenue housed the small Heger/Danner Brewery bought in 1873. Rudolph Heger built Jefferson’s largest brewery here in 1881. Due to the onset of Prohibition, the Heger family sold the brewery to the Wonder Nut Corporation in 1919. In 1940, Emil Perplie used part of the complex for his Perplies Beer production. The main building was razed in 1973.