Clio Logo

Court House Square has stood since Jefferson was platted. In 1840 William Sanborn erected the first "Court House" of wood. A large brick courthouse was built in 1881 and served Jefferson County until the new complex began in 1960. In 1907, the old Jail and Sheriff’s residence, as well as the Civil War monument, were erected on the Court House Block.