Clio Logo

Rattle and Snap Plantation is a privately owned home and plantation which is open to tours, by appointment only. Built between 1842 and 1845, it is named after a popular Colonial Era game of chance, signifying the way the property was originally acquired by Colonel William Polk. The grand mansion is considered one of the finest examples of Greek Revival architecture and is furnished with period antiques, many coming from the area Polk families.