Eagle Statue and Shell Bird Bath
The eagle statue and shell bird bath were placed by Gari and Corinne Melchers at the head of the drive to greet visitors. The eagle is cast stone, and has a mark "London" discovered during conservation work. The hydrangeas are an old variety called "Otaksa" and can be seen in the 1923 site plan. The plaque was placed on the plinth in 1966 when Belmont was designated a National Historic Landmark.