Clio Logo
This is a contributing entry for Heritage Village and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

 Land held by McMullen family as early as 1868 when William McMullen secured a large tract along present-day Ridge Road. Also held by Charles W. Johnson and family. Like members of the Lowe family and Joshua Boyer, “Captain” Johnson had frequently sailed between Cedar Keys and Key West.  The O’Quinn family, along with McMullens, held title and occupied land between the late 1870s and 1913.  Marriages between McMullen, O’Quinn, Lowe, and Walsingham families connect these families and their land holdings in the Largo area. Mary Adona O’Quinn, William McMullen’s granddaughter, married Jesse Walsingham. Jesse’s brother married a member of the Lowe family. Construction Information  Jesse Walsingham purchased this land in 1913, and the two-story home was built in 1915.  This was a notable structure along the frontier where most people were farmers and laborers in citrus fields.


  • Jesse Ancil Walsingham, circa 1960.
  • Ancil and Doris Walsingham at their exhibit at the Pinellas County Fair, Largo, Florida, circa 1900.
  • John S. Walsingham at the Pinellas County Fair, Largo, Florida, 1921.
  • W.C. Reid exhibit at the Pinellas County Fair, Largo, Florida, circa 1920.
  • Walsingham House at original site, Largo, Florida, 1949.
  • Mrs. Mayes and Kathy Knutsen in front of the Walsingham House, Largo, Florida, 1949.
  • Mrs. Mayes in front of the Walsingham House, Largo, Florida, 1949.
  • Walsingham House at Heritage Village, Largo, Florida, 1987.