Clio Logo
This is a contributing entry for Heritage Village and only appears as part of that tour.Learn More.

History of Site before Actual Structure was Built  Original school built in eastern Lealman community at 4600 Haines Road.  In the early 1900s, the Lealman area had few settlers and remained decidedly rural in character.  Earlier schools in Lealman area (but not on the same site) included the “Hammock” School (opened 1880), Lealman School Number One (built 1898), and Lealman School Number Two (replaced the1898 structure in 1908).


  • William Harris, undated.
  • Elza and Elenor Lealman with baby, St. Petersburg, Florida, undated.
  • Lealman School picnic, circa 1908.
  • Teacher Rosa Kilgore and students in front of the Harris School, Lealman, Florida, 1912-1913.
  • Teacher Rosa Kilgore and students in front of the Harris School, Lealman, Florida, circa 1916.
  • Reproduction of the Harris School under construction at Heritage Village, Largo, Florida, 1987.
  • Completed Harris School replica at Heritage Village, Largo, Florida, May 10, 1987.