Front facade of the Plant-Sumner House
The Plant-Sumner House was originally built as employee housing for the Belleview-Biltmore Hotel. At 400,000 square feet, it was at one time Belleview-Biltmore was the world’s largest wooden structure. The Plant-Sumner house was moved from its original site in Belleair to Clearwater around 1912.
Rocking chairs on the front porch.
Plant-Sumner House in 1912, the year Robert Sumner purchased the structure. Sumner served as the postmaster, a dairy farmer, and a minister in the Clearwater area.
Plant-Sumner House in 1976, before it was moved to Heritage Village.