Kamphoefner Hall was built in 1978 and is located on NC State's North Campus. This building is 39,134 square feet and houses the College of Design at NC State. Kamphoefner Hall was named after Henry L. Kamphoefner who was NC State's first dean of the School of Design in 1948.
Backstory and Context
He was most well known for bringing modern architecture to the southern United States and in particular North Carolina.
Henry was awarded the North Carolina Medal in 1978 and the Topaz Medallion for Lifelong Achievement in Architecture by the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture in 1977. Faculty members voted to name the design building after him in 1989.