A five-story structure currently serving as a residence hall on the campus of NC State University. It has also housed administrative departments, such as personnel, information services, and campus planning. The original building was constructed in 1893, but was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1903. It is named for the "Watauga Club," which was comprised of Raleigh-area men who encouraged the opening of a state college to teach the practical applications of science and industrial education.
Backstory and Context