Central Presbyterian Church
The congregation dates back to 1816, with the establishment of Louisville's First Presbyterian Church. This original congregation gave birth to several different congregations over the years, and also absorbed the members of area churches. For example, a third of the Second Presbyterian Church chose to merge with this congregation when their church joined the Southern Assembly following the Civil War. This church was constructed in several phases beginning in 1909, and replaced a previous structure that was constructed at this location by a smaller congregation that merged with the congregation that became Central Presbyterian. Perhaps the highlight of the facility is the church's fully-restored 1930 E. M. Skinner Pipe Organ, which was made specifically for the Louisville congregation by Boston's Skinner Organ Company.
History. Central Presbyterian Church of Louisville. Accessed December 14, 2016. http://www.centralchurchky.org/history.html.